Purchasing a home will be one of your biggest financial investments. By working with a local REALTOR® you are gaining their knowledge of the community, taxes, market trends, and zoning laws. Agents will walk you through each step of the buying process, including writing your offer, negotiating with the seller’s agent, attend home inspections, negotiate any repairs, and monitor the transaction all the way thru closing.
Quick Home Buying Tips:
- Get Pre-Qualified for a mortgage
- Know your credit score.
- Request a all estimated closing cost in writing from your lender.
- Prioritize your wish list.
- Location is key, factor commute times.
- Research the area you are considering moving to: schools, recreation, retail and greenspace.
- Don’t skip using a agent when shopping for new construction. They can often time negotiate better pricing and incentives.
- Shop for home insurance to protect your investment.